Sasakawa USA Forum
The Sasakawa USA Forum is a platform for research and analysis related to Japan and U.S.-Japan relations in a bilateral, regional, and global context. To gain a more comprehensive view of U.S.-Japan relations, the Sasakawa USA Forum offers experts outside Sasakawa USA a chance to bring their work to a wide audience. The Forum also serves as a resource to those interested in learning more about Japan by providing specialized coverage on a range of topics and issues relevant to the U.S.-Japan alliance.
Sasakawa USA Forum issues have explored topics including:
• Climate politics in Japan
• U.S.-Japan security cooperation and coordination
• Japan’s Russia policy
• U.S.-Japan economic collaboration at the local level
• Japan’s agricultural reform
• Impact of Brexit on Japan
The Forum seeks to engage with experts in diverse fields to provide unique, specialized perspectives on modern and historical issues relevant to Japan and U.S.-Japan relations. Authors to-date have been experts in economics, international trade, foreign policy, defense and more.
We are now accepting submissions for Spring/Summer 2019 Sasakawa USA Forum articles. Please see below for guidelines for submission.
• Submissions should be focused on issues that previously have been inadequately covered regarding Japan or U.S.-Japan relations from a bilateral, regional, and global context.
• Submissions should be an original work by the author and must not contain plagiarized content.
• Submissions must contain an abstract and a brief biography of the author(s).
• Submissions must be no longer than 2,000 words in length, not including the abstract and author biography.
• Content and citations within submissions must be formatted per the Chicago Manual of Style.
Published items are the opinion of the author and do not reflect the views of Sasakawa USA.