Sasakawa USA Forum
The Sasakawa USA Forum is a platform for research and analysis related to Japan and U.S.-Japan relations in a bilateral, regional, and global context. To gain a more comprehensive view of U.S.-Japan relations, the Sasakawa USA Forum offers experts outside Sasakawa USA a chance to bring their work to a wide audience. The Forum also serves as a resource to those interested in learning more about Japan by providing specialized coverage on a range of topics and issues relevant to the U.S.-Japan alliance.
Sasakawa USA Forum issues have explored topics including:
• Climate politics in Japan
• U.S.-Japan security cooperation and coordination
• Japan’s Russia policy
• U.S.-Japan economic collaboration at the local level
• Japan’s agricultural reform
• Impact of Brexit on Japan
The Forum seeks to engage with experts in diverse fields to provide unique, specialized perspectives on modern and historical issues relevant to Japan and U.S.-Japan relations. Authors to-date have been experts in economics, international trade, foreign policy, defense and more.
We are now accepting submissions for Winter/Spring 2019 Sasakawa USA Forum articles. Please see below for guidelines for submission.
• Submissions should be focused on issues that previously have been inadequately covered regarding Japan or U.S.-Japan relations from a bilateral, regional, and global context.
• Submissions should be an original work by the author and must not contain plagiarized content.
• Submissions must contain an abstract and a brief biography of the author(s).
• Submissions must be no longer than 2,000 words in length, not including the abstract and author biography.
• Content and citations within submissions must be formatted per the Chicago Manual of Style.
To submit an article for consideration, please contact Research Assistant Darah Phillip at . Eligible authors of accepted articles will receive a modest honorarium.
Published items are the opinion of the author and do not reflect the views of Sasakawa USA.