The documentary is described on its official website as “a story of true friendship and commitment to Japan’s recovery by the international community following The Great East Japan Earthquake.”
The event begins at 4:30 p.m. with registration. Opening remarks and discussion will follow from 5 to 5:45 p.m. Tohoku Tomo Director/Producer Wesley Julian then will introduce the film for the screening, which runs from 5:45 to 7 p.m. A reception concludes the event from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Matthew Fuller, Partner, Geodesic Capital; Former Foreign Service Officer and Special Assistant to U.S. Ambassador to Japan, John V. Roos; JET Alumnus (Aichi-ken, Toyota-shi, 1997-99) • Suzanne Basalla, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, DC Office, U.S.-Japan Council; former Senior Advisor to U.S. Ambassador to Japan, John V. Roos
• Wesley Julian, Director/Producer, Tohoku Tomo and The 113 Project; JET Alumnus (Miyagi-ken, Osato-cho, 2008-10)
• The Hon. Tamaki Tsukada, Minister of Communications and Cultural Affairs, Embassy of Japan
• Andy Anderson, Chairperson, The Taylor Anderson Memorial Fund, created in honor of his daughter who died in the disaster
• Shelley Fredrickson, Founder, The Montgomery Dickson Cultural Fund, established in honor of her brother who died in the disaster