In coordination with the Japan-America Society of the State of Washington and the Nisei Veterans Committee, Sasakawa USA’s Japan-US Military Program (JUMP) hosted an event in Seattle, Washington on September 10, 2017 from 10 am to 2 pm.
The event honored the Nisei Veterans—second-generation Japanese-Americans who served in the segregated 100th Battalion/442nd Regimental Combat Team (RCT) and the Military Intelligence Service (MIS), during World War II.
The event coincided with the annual U.S.-Japan Rising Thunder training exercises at the Yakima Training Center, and included a tour of the Nisei Veterans Committee Memorial Hall in Seattle, a luncheon, special guests and speakers, and taiko drumming.
Click here for an event recap and photos.
• Major General Willard M. Burleson III, Commanding General of the 7th Infantry Division, JBLM
• Major General Seiji Toriumi, Camp Jinmachi Commander, VCG 6th Division, JGSDF
• Ambassador James Zumwalt, CEO, Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA
• Consul General Yoichiro Yamada, Consul General of Japan in Seattle
• When: September 10, 2017, 10:00am-2:00pm
• Where: Nisei Veterans Committee Memorial Hall, 1212 S. King Street, Seattle, WA 98144