The USS Iowa gained a a new crew of past and present United States and Japanese service members on November 19 when JUMP held its inaugural Los Angeles event aboard the retired battleship museum. The JUMP (Japan-U.S. Military Program) event was hosted by the Japan America Society of Southern California with support from Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA and the Consulate-General of Japan in Los Angeles. The program brings together those with the shared experience of having served in Japan.
Learn more by reading our post-event coverage here.
• Progressive Taiko – Taiko drum performance
• Wilmington Veterans of Foreign Wars 2967 California – Military Honor Guard
• Erika Mariko Olsen – National anthems of U.S. and Japan
• Chaplain Dov Cohen, Department Chaplin CA JWV
• Rear Admiral Markham K. Rich, Commander, Navy Region Southwest
• Admiral Dennis Blair, USN (ret.), Chairman and CEO, Sasakawa USA
• Deputy Consul General Izuru Shimmura, Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles
• Lieutenant Commander Kohei Sueki, Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force, liaison to the U.S. Third Fleet
• Dr. William Farrell, Immediate Past Chairman, National Association of Japan-America Societies Inc.