More than 120 potential “goodwill ambassadors” for Japanese relations in the United States attended a standing-room only JUMP panel and reception November 17 sponsored by Sasakawa USA and the Japan-America Society of Washington, D.C.
JUMP (The Japan-U.S. Military Program) seeks to connect and bring together service members, families and government civilians who have served in Japan. This event, held at the National War College in Washington, D.C., went a step further by also drawing in those who have yet to serve in Japan.
Read more of our post-event coverage here.
• Adm. Dennis Blair, USN (ret.), Chairman and CEO, Sasakawa USA
• Masato Otaka, Minister of Public Affairs with the Embassy of Japan in D.C.
• Lt. Gen. Wallace “Chip” Gregson Jr.
• Dr. Kent Calder, Johns Hopkins University
• Dr. Cynthia Watson, Professor of Strategy at The National War College
• Ambassador Rust Deming, Adjunct Professor of Japan Studies at SAIS