The Japan-U.S. Military Program (JUMP) and the Japan Society of San Diego & Tijuana hosted a breakfast reception in San Diego at the Bay View Restaurant aboard MCRD San Diego. The event featured talks from local military and civilian leaders as well as Ambassador James Zumwalt, Sasakawa USA CEO. The event coincided with a Japan Maritime Self Defense Force ship visit to San Diego. Japanese service members participated alongside their American counterparts.
• 7:00am | Arrival & Breakfast
• 7:20am | Opening & Introductions
• 7:40am | Presentation: “JUMP”
• 7:50am | Keynote Address: “The US-Japan Alliance”
• 8:30am | Conclusion
• Kate Leonard, Honorary Consul General of Japan in San Diego
• William M. Jurney, Brigadier General, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruit Depot
• Koji Manabe, Rear Admiral, Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
• Akira Chiba, Consul General of Japan in Los Angeles
• Chris Cate, Councilmember, City of San Diego
• James Kendall, Executive Director, Japan-US Military Program
• James P. Zumwalt, CEO, Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA, Former US Ambassador to the Republic of Senegal and to the Republic of Guinnea-Bissau
• Where: Bay View Restaurant, San Diego, CA, USA
• When: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 7:00am – 8:30am
JUMP is a collaborative effort between Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA, the Embassy of Japan in the United States and the National Association of Japan-America Societies. The program was launched in April 2015.