On February 9, Sasakawa USA and the East-West Center of Washington, D.C., co-hosted an event to release the “Japan Matters for America” booklet — a publication that quantifies the impact of the U.S.-Japan Alliance through economic and social data. This interactive resource provides credible and nonpartisan information, graphics, analysis and news at the national, state and local levels. Included for your reference is a 1-page summary of your state and/or congressional district’s connections to Japan.
After the event, Mr. Kanji Yamanouchi, the Minister for Economic Affairs with the Embassy of Japan, summarized points raised by the panelists in an Econ-News newsletter. Click here to read his summary.
• Honorable Mazie Hirono (D-HI), U.S. Senator
• H.E. Kenichiro Sasae, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Japan to the United States
• Kurt W. Tong, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, U.S. Department of State
• Kanji Yamanouchi, Minister for Economic Affairs, Embassy of Japan in the United States
• Satu Limaye, Director, East-West Center in Washington, D.C.